Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WEDNESDAY - HUMP DAY

Make it through Wednesday and it is all down hill to the weekend for those who work a Monday thru Friday schedule. For the Tin Man, two more days will make it two weeks since he received his new heart. It's hard to believe. I think the hardest thing for me has been not getting here in time to see Ken before he went into surgery. It wouldn't change what happened, I just could have seen that excitement in his eyes that I heard in his voice. There has only been a few times those eyes have been open since I arrived here, and it was not excitement I saw.

Not much has changed - the dialysis is hooked up and running, and the ventilator is assisting his breathing. They continue to run blood test and make adjustments as needed and I continue to thank God for His faithfulness and trust in His timing. Perhaps Ken will take a big swing towards recovery tomorrow - I would love to see some life in those brown eyes - and I guarantee everyone would see excitement in these green eyes of mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bert - good things come to those who wait - it is much easier said than felt but as you said - it's in GOD's time - the heart is working, now everything else has to match it's progress - and they will - keep the faith - your witness has been so strong - miss and love you much! We pray for you daily - Amy (call center and records at CFCU)

Anonymous said...

Bert, there will be a time when you will look into Ken's eyes again with both of you smiling, he is such a tough guy he will with gods grace come out of this just fine, thinking of you and ken always with prayer's you take care of yourself. Love to both of you...Carmen and Gerhard