Not only outside - even if it were dark and rainy outside - it is a SUNNY Day in Ken's hospital room. The room is much larger now - could be that a large piece of equipment is GONE!!!!!!! Dr M was smiling - such a beautiful smile - when he told me Ken was off the by-pass machine. I was doing cartwheels - not literally but on the inside - and THANKING GOD for His continuing healing touch on Ken's body.
In the O.R. they were able to take Ken off the by-pass machine and a plastic surgeon closed up his chest. They did not pull his sternum together, but used muscle and tissue to close up the chest cavity. That surgeon said everything was real tight since it had been open for over a week but he felt like it would hold. Removing more fluid from his body will help as well. The "fluid removing machine", I am fascinated with it, has been hooked back up. He remains on the ventilator for now and the oxygen going through it has been raised back up to 80%. He is still fairly sedated. The nurse is trying to wake him up some to check his neurological functions.
If you have ever spent much time in the hospital with a patient - especially in ICU - you are aware of how you become the cheering squad and support group for other patients' family members. On '6-W', I'm telling you we had a little celebration today!! We are always ready to give thanks regardless of how big or small that accomplishment is.
I'm not sure what tomorrow will hold - but just like the song goes, "I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW!" We still have a long way to go on this journey but at this mile marker, I am so GRATEFUL for some SUNSHINE.
Thank you for the continuing prayers and support you offer. I am looking forward to telling you a waiting room story - GOD IS AMAZING!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How wonderful for you both and Thank you GOD for the wonderful news. We are doing cartwheels right along with you (talk about a funny sight!) Bert we are thrilled for you! Needed that as today as been gloomy and will be stormy tonight. Thanks for the ray of sunshine! Much love from Call center and records! Amy :)
Hey Bertie,
Cartwheels are being turned all over the country as we read the great news!!!If that picture doesnt' bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will!!
I couldn't finalize plans today as the county was closed for Texas Independence day. Chip insists i clear Jury duty summons b4 he makes the flight reservation as he thinks I will become a fugitive of justice if I don't get excused first!!! Will let you know tomorrow.
Prayers are answered, thanks is given ,and the sun shines on 6 W!!
Hoping to SEE you soon,
Love and hugs,
Cher
Bert and Ken, we are so happy and grateful that there is finally good news, god really does hear prayer I praise him with all my heart, we will keep praying until Ken is back on his feet and home. Love to both of you from Carmen and Gerhard
Bert, that's the best news yet. I will pass the word to our neighbors. God is good. Let me know if you need me to do anything here at home.
Love Brenda and Tom
Bert, Not sure what the nurses will find when the check for "neurological functions" most of know Ken only has one "function" in life and that is to pick on anyone and everyone. I hope this heart can handle Ken. I pitty the nurses when he wakes up. That floor will never be the same. He will have a lot of lost time to make up for. All our love and prayers are with everyone who comes in contact with both of you. Love Sandy H.
Great news...
I have been thinking of you as we learn new songs in choir especially songs like this one, "Peace Will Be Mine."
Verse 1
Though the storms will come sometimes
Peace will be mine
I believe the sun will shine
Peace will be mine
Chorus 1
When the wind blows
I will stand with You
When the rain falls
I will hide in You
When the tides rise
I will soar with You
And forever I will be Yours
And my hope is in You Lord
Post a Comment