Monday, April 28, 2008

BACK IN O.R.

As I have said and said and said.........Things can change before you even turn around. The plastic surgeon examined the opened chest area this morning and it was decided to go ahead and take care of it in the O.R. There were some cancellations in surgery that opened up a room so all systems were go. The plan as I KNOW IT NOW is cleaning out, making sure no infection is present, stabilizing the area with a metal plate or muscle flap and closing it up. They are also going to look at the area in his groin to see what shape it is in and the best course of action to get it closed as well. Should be about a two to three hour procedure. I will update later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bertie,
My spirit is there in the waiting room with you.I'm so sorry you're there waiting again. We pray things will go well for Ken.
Lots of Love,
cher