allow me to introduce you. This is Ken. This picture was taken here in Baltimore after he was released from the hospital in January. We were out walking around getting familiar with our new surroundings. It also gave us the chance to let him build up some strength and stamina. For the past several years, just about anytime you saw Ken, he had on one of his many "Life Is Good" caps. That is what the L I G stands for on this cap.
Ken had a massive heart attack back in 1997. He had two by-pass surgeries after that and always had an implanted defibrillator. Most people never knew he was sick, or at least as sick as he was. The doctors would walk in the door and say you don't look like the man I am reading about in this chart. After his last by-pass surgery in 2006, we were living in an apartment while in the middle of down-sizing. We walked out one Sunday morning heading for church when a lady in the parking lot asked him if he could help put this big ice chest in her car. I jumped in and said I'll be glad to help you - he can't lift, he just had by-pass surgery. She was so surprised. Ken has always been embarrassed having to let others lift things as he stood by - especially women. People expect you to look sick if you can't do something.
Today has been the best day this week. Ken has been alert and has even been watching some TV. Physical Therapy was able to get him up on the tilt table to 35 degrees. His blood pressure stayed fairly stable, but he is still on the medication to keep it up. He had a procedure done to look at the function of the heart and we are now waiting for a CAT-scan to be run. They want to check out the amount of fluid around his lungs. The doctors are still looking for the source of infection now going on. We are praying for a restful and healing weekend. Please continue to pray for those request listed below.
It is amazing that so many of you have never met Ken, but you pray for him so faithfully. THANK YOU!!!

6 comments:
I opened the blog this morning - as I do most mornings - I really didn't expect there to be another posting so soon. When it opened and there stood my buddy - I was brought to tears. We miss ya'll so much. (I'm not sure I want him to know 'cause he'll hold it over my head later HA!!!) I'm so thankful that you had a better day. And I'm so thankful that you are sharing you needs/requests with your "family." Let us pick up the heavy burden for you. My prayer is that you can relax in the Lord and let Him give you the rest you need. Even as I write this to you, it's a lesson I so desparately need to learn myself.
My little niece, Cayleigh tells her parents "I love you, too much!" I've adopted that statement - so remember we love you "too much!"
Cheryl
Guys, just wanted you to know that I am rounding up strays for shipment. Thought you might need some more for all the CAT scans they are running. Anything we can do to help! Expect a gunny sack full of long tails to arrive soon! Andy helped with the roundup. We love you both.
Larry
Wow what a great picture of Ken, I was so glad to read the progress today when I looked this morning. I am just sitting here singing "Amazing Grace" for all the progress and healing God has done. Please let any of us know if there is anything else we can do for you or send to you that you might need!!
Love you,
Ashley B
thinking of you guys a lot...and praying. I look forward to seeing you back in Franklin soon. Tell Ken to be good.
I thought I'd take a moment while Josh is rocking Jack to sleep to check up on the blog....How nice to see a healthy picture of "Pops" today. It gives us hope that we will see him up and about and healthy again soon. Baby Jack prays for you every night during out nighttime routine. We are all praying right now, for various reasons, to trust in the Lord's provisions. He WILL provide for all our NEEDS (not always in the way we think or plan for) but he will always supply just what we need. We are having to pray for that too in our household. Thanks for the updates. We are so glad to hear that he had a better day!
ps-thanks for your relaxation suggestion for Jack. Last night it worked like a charm....we'll see about tonight...
Bert, we pray for Ken because he is you and you are him. We pray for our friend and for all that concerns you - so thanks for the backround....but the love and caring was there because of you... it was wonderful to hear your voice the other day...I so needed that. God Bless and hang in there... so pleased to hear aobout the tilt table and some stability...In God's time...In God's time...Love always, Amy
Call Center and Records CFCU
Post a Comment