Monday, April 28, 2008
O.R. UPDATE
According to the plastic surgeon they were able to accomplish what they went in to do. Both areas worked on did not have any evidence of infection - that was a huge plus. Ken had to be given blood but in part because he was already on the low side. He was in quite a bit of pain upon returning to the room and I have a feeling he may be for several days. A lot was moved and shifted inside. In the larger picture I really believe this will be a definite boost to his continued healing. Just the stabilizing of the sternum will be a big relief. We had already talked several times about how he felt when he was rolled from side to side and brought to an almost sitting position. Ken said it was as if everything was popping and coming loose - very unnerving for him. The surgeon made the comment today that Ken was not healing very fast from what he saw. I truly hope this is the only day of surprises this week - they wear me out more than working in the yard all day. Good night and have a Great Tuesday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey there, my friend.
I feel like such a creepy friend - since I haven't corresponded this past week. Even though you haven't heard from me - I have kept in contact with the Lord on your behalf. Ya'll are always in our prayers. Larry and I are headed to Houston this weekend for his parent's 50th anniversary. I've been looking through pictures to put together a little powerpoint presentation. I came across a picture of ya'll from Ken's 50th birthday. You are both having such a good time - I know there are more of those fun times to come. Give my buddy a kiss on the head.
We love ya'll tons!!!
cheryl
You all have been in my thoughts and prayers for a long time. When I walk in the mornings down Riverwood past your old home, I pray for you both and appreciate you sharing your journey via this blog.
May you feel God especially close to you today!
Janice
(Clearview & Cottonwood friend)
Hi Bert & Ken. We are back from Fla. as of Monday and we had a great time. We thought of you all each day while we were there. I talked to Brenda and got an up date . Just wanted you toknow we were thinking of you and you are in our prayers. Love Chris & William
Hi Bert and Ken, I have been keeping up with you the past few weeks, but haven't written to let you know how much I'm praying for you both. TOnight in talking about Abraham Mark said "God's timing is always perfect, he is never early or late". I thought about you then, and how God has the perfect time for Ken to be better. I"m praying for your strength and peace.
Love to you both, Melissa Smith
Post a Comment