Thursday, February 28, 2008

THURSDAY

11:35 AM - For whatever reason today has been hard for me. I need an extra big dose of God's grace - please pray for me. Things are still - I'm not sure what to say - they are really not the same, things are always changing. They are trying to ween Ken off the oxygen running through the ventilator. They are coming in and lowering the amount on a regular basis and seeing how he tolerates it. They have brought it down quite a bit but as I understand it we still have a ways to go. His blood pressure has been low and they are working to get that raised. The heart has had some irregular beats and so that brings in another med. The goal is still to remove fluid; however, they are putting in about as much through all of the drips in an hour as they are trying to remove. Just like I said yesterday, everything seems to be such a balancing act and so there is constant change. He is still heavily sedated, still on the by-pass machine for the lungs, still on the ventilator, still receiving blood, and the HEART is still beating on its own. I truly do know that this is still and will always be in God's hands and on God's time-table -- I also know that my human body and mind will grow tired and weary at times and this is one of those times. I am okay and will continue to be okay I just need an extra hug from God today. (Mom & Dad, Josh and Hannah please do not worry and think you should be here - just pray for me) Ken's brother will be flying in tomorrow so please also pray for him and safe travel. GOD IS SO GOOD - ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bert...we are ALL with you in spirit!Please know that we are
praying for Ken & you. You are both
always in our daily thoughts...wish we could be there
with you for support.
Keep your eyes on Jesus!!...we love
& miss you sister-girl!!....
CFCU-Franklin (Mary,Joan,Janet,Judy
& Ashley)

Anonymous said...

Bert - Remember that I was there with Wes - bringing down the pressure was our problem - 65lbs of fluid - adjusting meds - going into comas - I am praying for you daily - BOTH of you. Always remember that this is the time when God is carrying you! There is only one set of footprints now... you are not alone although you feel totally overwhelmed. God Bless you and Keep you. Stay Strong and be the witness you have been so far. I will also pray for the doctor's and nurses who are providing the care. Put a blanket of prayer around your husband each time you leave the room. Barbara, Sonya, Kristin, Brenda, Cynthia, Blenda, Nancy and I miss you and we can't wait to see you both back home. Take care and keep us posted. We love you! Amy :)

Anonymous said...

I've just stopped for lunch - and had to get online to check on my friends. I'm encouraged by the comments left here for you. How blessed you are to have such concerned Christian friends. My prayer for you today is that "the Great Shepherd" (which Sue is teaching us about) will comfort you. He loves you and Ken so much and He will meet all your needs. Much love!
cheryl

Free and Living said...

Hi Mom Cooper, I'm one of Hannah's friends from Portland. Just wanted to tell you that I've been continually praying for you and Dad Cooper. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Abba, please give Mom C. more of your strength and let her know in amazing way that she is not alone, that you are with her there, holding her hand. In Jesus' Name. Amen

Anonymous said...

Bert, I hope you can feel the love and prayers that are being sent your way. Just think that when he gets welll you will be able to sit on the couch and eat bon bons and he will have to wait on you hand and foot or make that hand and heart. Love to both Sandy H.

Anonymous said...

Bert - God Bless you and keep you. I lift you both up each and everytime I pray. I am continually amazed by the technology God has blessed us with here on this Earth. However, I know as well as the next that no amount of technology can heal your spirit. There are many of us here in West Texas continually praying for God's will, and for God to touch the hands of all involved in Ken's case. Praise God for the technology that has allowed me to let you know that as I type this I am lifting you up Him.