Monday, February 11, 2008

NOT SURE ABOUT KANSAS BUT TENNESSEE HAD TORNADOES

Tuesday night of the 5th I thought I might be blown back to Baltimore on the wings of a tornado. What a night - Mo (our dog) and I spent part of it in the hall bathroom's tub. I not only survived the storm but Ken and I have survived two whole weeks apart! Hasn't been easy but do-able. Thank you for continuing not only to pray but encouraging us through calls, cards and e-mails.

Thankfully the weather in Baltimore has been where Ken could get out of the apartment. He started the cardiac rehab Monday and found some muscles he had not seen (or should I say FELT) in quite awhile. The rehab staff informed him that coming now would help him a great deal with recovey after the transplant. I'm sure if those quads are stronger he will be able to get up and down with less difficulty and strain on the chest.

He has had two appointments with the doctor since I left but thanks to the "SPEAKER PHONE", I was able to be there. (No, I did not trust him to tell me all the details) They have adjusted some medications to take care of a few issues; however, he is still doing amazingly well. As it stood on Thursday afternoon he is first on the list, in that region, to receive a transplant based on heart size and blood type. That could still be subject to change but it was so encouraging to know he was that high on the list.

If the call does not come before Friday evening - Josh, Melanie, Jack and myself will be flying out to spend a long weekend with Ken. We all know Jack is the focus of the trip - the rest of us are going so we can feed and change diapers - Pops will be doing the SPOILING. What a lift in spirits that will be.

We have known since day one that God is in control of this journey and His grace and mercy have been given in abundance. He has used all sorts of means by which to meet our needs, and we continue to be amazed and ever so grateful. The travel for this weekends trip has been provided by members of our church who had reward points - ( 3 adult round trip tickets) - THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day - Remember to always let those you love--KNOW IT!
We love you -- and thank God for you daily.

No comments: