This afternoon the nurse was needing to check Ken's neurological functions so they had to cut way back on the medications keeping him sedated. As the medication slowly wore off he was able to open his eyes. As hard as it was to see the pain and confusion in those brown eyes it was such a thrill to have another glimmer of hope. Ken was able to respond to most of the commands given and all three of us were in there to witness it and talk to him. His kidneys are still functioning and they definitely had a work out today with medications being given to remove fluids.
THANK YOU ALL FOR ONCE AGAIN PRAYING US THROUGH ANOTHER DAY.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bert,
I love you and Ken very much. I have been praying for his recovery and your strentgh. Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed.
Love,
Mike Adlesperger
Hey honey - What wonderful news!!! I know that much of your anguish has been not being able to communitcate with Ken. Thank the Lord that all of you were there to visit with him. As always - please kiss his forehead for me.
Love to all!
Cheryl
Bert, I left you a message at your email address. I wasn't able to enter comments. Obviously now I can. I love you! Give Kenneth a kiss for me. Hugs and Kisses! Debbie
Post a Comment